In our laboratories we use state-of-art technological solutions in accordance with the quality standards.
We provide research services in laboratories listed below (click to expand):
The laboratory offers printing of three-dimensional models based on the project that the client provides. Printing takes no longer than 24 hours. Our printouts are fully functional metal parts.
3D printing using the SLM method is based on selective sintering of metal powders using a laser beam. The uniqueness of our laboratory lies in the ability to print with both reactive metals (titanium) and nonreactive (steel).
The advantages of 3D printing in metal are: high speed, fully functional printouts, the ability to print complicated geometries – impossible to make using subtractive techniques.
List of services:
- Preparing the models for printing, consulting in technology and method of the print,
- Printing 3D models using the SLM technique (maximum dimensions: 80x80x72 mm, available materials: steel 316L, titanium TiAl6V4, bronze. Printer’s accuracy: about 0,1 mm (X, Y, Z))
Laboratory of 3D Scanner – spatial scanning using structured light. Our services include scanning, reverse engineering and comparison of real-life objects with their digital counterparts .cad, stl.
The measurements are acquired by registering the light reflected by the object using two precise cameras. The photographs are converted into a three-dimensional point cloud, from which we make the .stl file. The measurement usually takes no longer than an hour.
List of services:
- Scanning of objects with dimensions between 3 and 150 cm, with precision as high as 20 microns, both in the lab and in the client’s place,
- Reverse engineering – creating parameterized geometry based on the scans. The end product is a .cad file, precisely modelled on the real-life object,
- Comparison of real-life objects with .cad, .stl – we create a report of precision with which the object was modelled.
For our work we use the following software: ATOS, GeoMagics Design X.
In the laboratory we are dealing with screening objects using X rays. It is the most popular non-destructive method of imagining.
We use a scanner with interchangeable lamps (reflective 225 kV, transmissive 180 kV, rotatory 225 kV, maximum beam power 2 kW), which allows us to modify the beam’s parameters in accordance to the type of scanned object, in order to achieve impressive precision (10 microns). Our system can be used for a broad range of applications in terms of materials and size. We have an experience with samples too large or heavy for other systems.
List of services:
- Radiography and tomography of objects with dimensions ranging from a few millimeters (head of a pin) to 1 meter (car radiator),
- Examination of technical condition/quality of the objects, including electronics.
Our services take: radiography – 10 minutes, tomography – 2 hours.
Software used: Volume Graphics, 3D CT.
Laboratory of Nanomechanical Testing are two sets of modern equipment (NanoTest Vantage from Micro Materials Ltd.), which are used to test the properties of materials both in room temperature and in high temperatures (up to 750oC).
Laboratory of Nanomechanical Testing offers the possibility of studying a broad range of materials with various physico-chemical properties: from superhard WB type coatings, through steels and alloys, to soft PTFE polymers.
- Hardness and Young module (micro and nano scale),
- High temperature creep study (up to 750oC),
- Stress-strain curve determination,
- Adhesion study,
- Strength of the material,
- Fatigue tests,
- Scratch resistance and material wear study.
- High temperature study (up to 750oC in a controlled atmosphere of Ar, N2). The study offers a possibility of in-situ research of the material’s mechanical properties in the nominal temperature (samples up to a few millimeters),
- Nanoindentation at the force range from 10 [mikro]N to 500 mN,
- Microindentation at the force range from 300 mN to 20 N,
- Surface scanning of the material and dedicated indentation,
- A set of comprehensive nanotribological tests,
- Study of nanomechanical properties in controlled humidity.
Gain access to an equipment needed for launching, testing and prototyping electronic systems.
The laboratory gives the possibility of testing advanced electronic systems utilizing the latest technologies, such as gigabyte serial communication, fiber-optics, GSM, Wi-Fi, RFID etc.
- Large, advanced oscilloscope with 12,5 GHz analog bandwidth,
- Logic analyzer, speed up to 4 GHz,
- Spectrum analyzer up to 26 GHz,
- Arbitrary waveform generator up to 1 GHz,
- RF generator up to 6 GHz.
The laboratory can be a potential supplement of studies in climate chamber – testing electronic systems is various climate conditions.
Start using the cleanest of rooms!
Our Clean Room consists of 4 compartments (atrium, bottle room, airlock, the clean room). The laboratory meets the international standard ISO 14 644-1 – class 8. In our opinion this is the optimal purity level, ensuring a compromise between the cleanness and modest operation costs.
Example applications for a room of this class:
- Manufacturing of scintillation and semiconductor detectors,
- Packaging of electronic systems,
- Precise scientific measurements,
- Hermetization of electronic circuits and other systems.
In the laboratory we conduct environmental and vibrational research. We study resistance and stability of the object’s features in varying temperatures, humidity and at different vibration levels.
The chamber provides simple stability and reliability study (defining a mean time of work without failure) of the devices inside – communication is carried through specialized conduits.
The lab is being prepared to official accreditation; in the future the tests will be carried according to specific standards – required by our clients.
List of services:
- Climate tests:
- HAST (Highly Accelerated Temperature and Humidity) – rapid test,
- CERT (Combined Environmental Reliability Test) – the basis of this test is to choose the right combination of acceleration factors allowing for the faults to be revealed. Mixed environmental tests are important especially in the car industry and in everyday-use electronic devices.
Vibrations can also be introduces to the measuring system. Our equipment allows for environmental tests combined with sinusoidal or random vibrations, as well as specific impulses.
Implanter of Gaseous Ions built in NCBJ generates an ion beam with energy of up to 80 keV and electric current of 1 mA. The device’s chamber allows for implantation of objects 300x350 mm and of up to 50 kg in weight. The set is also equipped with attachable tunnels that allow for implantation of elements of up to 150 cm in length and 13 cm in width, for example broaches, guillotine knives, guideways etc.
Ion implantation requires an appropriate surface preparation before the process. Removal of paint and all the protective coatings (anticorrosive, oils etc.) is necessary. The NCBJ’s laboratory is equipped with washing and degreasing line that can prepare the details of implantation process. Proximity of the workshop ensures simple production of additional components that support unusually shaped details.
Moreover, the laboratory is equipped with measuring devices, allowing to study the effects of the implantation process. Direct cooperation in the fields of research and services, combined with many years of experience of our team ensures a high standard of work and credibility of the results.
Implantation of gaseous ions – implanter without mass separation
Acceleration voltage 70 kV
Beam current density 0,5 mA/cm2
Implantation of metallic ions - impulse implanter without mass separation
Acceleration voltage 65 kV
Beam current density 2 mA/cm2
Implantation of metallic ions – impulse implanter with mass separation
Acceleration voltage 70 kV
Beam current density – 3 mA/cm2
- Surface hardening of certain steel, improving the adhesion of elastomers, fast implantation with large doses of other elements,
- Steel surface processing, semiconductor doping,
- Fast implantation with large doses of metallic elements, steel surface processing, semiconductor doping.